Want to get rid of your tan, acne and rough skin that has built up? Is makeup of little or no avail? Then there are a few best masks for a healthier, whiter and brighter skin. Make yourself a routine and see results in 3 weeks. Trust me, I’ve tried these.
This summer, give your skin a break! Take a vacation off from makeup and let your skin glow naturally. Happy Masking!!
1. Coffee & Coconut Oil Face Mask
This mask is the perfect choice for skin brightening and anti-aging benefits. Coffee masks are the best when it comes to wanting a lustrous skin. The best part is that its two-in-one! It can also be used as a scrub before washing it off completely. And we all know how our skin loves all the scrubbing and exfoliation.
- All you have to do is mix together coconut oil and ground coffee.
- Then, apply to your face running your fingers in circular motions.
- Avoid getting the mixture in your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Leave it on for at least 15 minutes up to an hour (whenever you get bored earliest)
- Rinse off with warm water and just revel in your glowing skin!
2. Green tea, Honey, Lemon & Sugar
Green tea is an excellent face mask for complexion and a healthy skin. Like the coffee face mask, green tea also fights aging signs. It also removes dark circles and puffiness around the eyes which is why it acts as an awesome skin toner. The best part about green tea is that using it as a face mask is very beneficial for your health!
- Take Green Tea, Honey, Lemon, Sugar
- Mix the ingredients in proportion
- Take 1 tablespoon of green tea (tea bag or Matcha green tea), 1 tablespoons of raw honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 3 teaspoons of sugar (brown is preferred, could be white too)
- Apply on face and leave it until dry
3. Apple Cider Vinegar, Honey & Baking Soda
Apple Cider vinegar with honey is an excellent combination for skin brightening. Apple cider vinegar is brilliant for oily skin. It increases blood flow and reduces pores. Effective for acne.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Apply on face with a brush
- Wash it off after 15-20 minutes
4. Rice flour & Milk
It is generally used by Asian women for skin fairness. It’s good for all skin types. It makes your skin smooth and also helps in soothing sunburnt skin. This is a superb face mask with quick results!
- Grind a handful of uncooked rice into the fine powder or use store bought rice powder
- Combine 1 tablespoon of this with milk to make a fine paste
- Apply as a mask over the skin and let it rest for 15 minutes (or until it dries off)
- Rinse it off with normal water followed by cold water
5. Papaya, Honey, Lemon & Coconut/Olive Oil
Papaya has certain enzymes that are excellent for removing acne and blemishes. Papaya is a very good face mask for a clear skin. Even the thick and pulp of a ripe papaya can be used as a face mask. Papaya is very effective for pigmentation as well!
- Mix 2 tablespoons of mashed up fresh papaya (no seeds), 1 teaspoon of raw honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of coconut/olive oil
- You will have a thick lumpy mixture
- Apply on face and leave it on for 25 minutes
- Rinse and notice the difference!
TIP: Whichever mask you decide you put, rinse it off with warm water. For added exfoliation effects, make sure to use a washcloth.
P.S.: These face masks are all awesome and tried and tested by me as I’m a freak when it comes to skin care. They do wonders for my skin and I can literally feel it breathe every time I rinse off the magical mixture. However, what works for me may not work for you. Though these are all organic so there’s no harm in trying unless you are allergic to a particular ingredient.
Invest in some “me time” and get your skin to breatheeeee!