While we’re all waiting for the looks of all gorgeous women attending the Cannes film festival, there are definitely a few things you should add to your knowledge on the way. After all, it’s all about films and their magic, not fashion.
1. Cannes? Canes? *Brain fart* How do you pronounce it??! It’s okay, don’t beat yourself up. I’ll tell you so your brain doesn’t come up with 50 new ways to say it while reading this piece. Like a *can* of beans but more of a K than a C. So easy right?
Even Mahira had a little trouble with it, but hey let’s just say she took one for the team. Watch her pronounce it right!
2. It’s being held from May 8th to May 19th
3.Here is the complete list of films being shown in the festival this year:
4. The jury is seriously making noise. Why? Because of the badass ladies (and Kristen Stewart) who are part of it!
5. It’s the 71st film festival but only 11 women have been jury president till date. Cate Blanchett is the 12th. Yes, queen!.
6. This picture of Kristen Stewart staring at Cate Blanchett is the way all of us would stare at Cate Blanchett.
7. There. Is. A. SELFIE. BAN. On. The. Red. Carpet. Yep- They’ve got guards telling people to stop using their phones and everything. Are we going back in time? Is Michael Jackson still alive?
— Ramin Setoodeh (@RaminSetoodeh) May 8, 2018
Not that everyone’s actually following it. The thrill of getting caught amirite?
8. Mahira Khan is at Cannes this year and I’m excited! Who doesn’t love her? But people think that she’s the first Pakistani to go. NOPE! Armeena khan was the first Pakistani at Cannes back in 2013! So why is it a big deal that Mahira went? Cuz she was invited by Cannes brand partner L’Oréal as an official representative to join the likes of Julianne Moore, Penelope Cruz and Jane Fonda!
So awaam – get your facts right, stop arguing and support all the Khans going to Cannes!
9. This tweet from Chrissy Teigen is super valid right now.
oh it seems to be time for my “irrational anger at people enjoying Cannes” mood
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) May 10, 2018
10. Kanganaaaaaaaa! This strong woman deserves the spotlight everywhere she goes. Maybe I’m biased but c’mon. Who doesn’t love her??